Astro forum - explore astrological symbolism
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fariy tale astrology

3 posters

Go down

Fariy tale astrology Empty Fariy tale astrology

Post by moody_moon Sat May 28, 2016 12:49 pm

hey there,

Sometimes when you read astrological stuff, they are like fairy tales. I mean, descriptions of Pluto or Saturn often sound like they are powerful, evil magicians, and the Moon or Venus are the poor, innocent girls who are kidnapped by them, and so on. I was just wondering when you read things like that, or when you talk like that, doesn't it kind of make you feel small and helpless, like a child? Even if I try to discuss astrology in a different way, I often catch myself in "fairy tale" mode. How do you deal with that?

thanks,

Moody
moody_moon
moody_moon

Back to top Go down

Fariy tale astrology Empty Re: Fariy tale astrology

Post by whirlbee Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:22 pm

hi Moody,

yes, it can be quite tricky to discuss astrological symbolism. Talking about the inner world in "stories" comes quite naturally to us, human beings. Pick any mythology, and you can see just how complex it all gets. Maybe that's why, after a while, we have tried to move away from expressing ourselves in the language of mythology: either we wanted to find different ways to describe who we are or we lost our appetite/sensitivity for complexity. But I am not sure we can manage without it.

"fairy tale" or mythological language does not have to make us feel small and vulnerable, though. After all, we are not mythological figures, it's the other way around: it is our psyche that "dreams" mythology, it's not mythology that creates us.
whirlbee
whirlbee

https://whirlbee.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by secret_trail Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:39 am

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

(Carl Gustav Jung)

secret_trail

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum